Sunday, March 15, 2009

Reflection

So I'm sitting in bed Sunday night, not really believing everything I've learned the past week.  I signed up for this trip last-minute and am SO incredibly glad I went.  It's definitely the best trip I've taken in college.  We learned in the best way to learn -- experiencing.  But even more than going to the museums and hearing people speak and even going through a simulation, I think I learned the most from our small group discussions/q&a time.  I knew one person in my group ahead of time, but now feel a connection with all of my group members and every person on the trip.  It was refreshing to get to know a group of people so different from myself.  Yet each person shared one thing: a desire to learn about how everyday people, such as ourselves, stood up and spoke out against injustice; beginning a movement that still exists today.  Everyone brought something great to the table, and I honestly loved getting to know everyone on the trip!  

Everyone's background, individual thoughts, and emotions helped form the great discussions we had.  I can't wait to hang out with everyone again and already miss everybody!  I mean, its been less than 12 hours, but can you blame me?  I close my eyes and feel like I'm on a bus, but that's okay.  

Sidles equals best bus driver ever.

Love you all!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment